Friday, July 8, 2011

America's new past-time?

As I travel back home inside the belly of these metallic beasts I notice day in and day out that more commuters are on their phones or iPads playing the newest in mobile gaming. The days of reading books and newspapers are fading away and ushering in a new favorite activity for the ride into the office - gaming.

I must admit I am guilty of this too. I sometimes like to pull out my droid and engage in a few rounds of Pew Pew or Ninjump. While I may be a core gamer to the end that doesn't mean I don't like casual games!

The fact that more and more people are enjoying the casual game experience, whether it be Facebook games or the newest app, it's proving that video games are becoming more of an art form no matter what is being said in the latest political battle.

Maybe these casual gamers will go on to play the Wii. Maybe they'll fall in love with Child of Eden for the Kinect. They are now opening the doors to a beautiful past time that was once labeled for kids and punks.

Thanks Angry Birds. You started something big here...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment